Charlie Self

Default Cutting firewood with a table saw

Mike Marlow responds:

I agree with not using the tablesaw, but why not just split it? A wedge and
a BFH, and you're on your way to lumber.

Isn't it already split? I like the idea from the poster who said a froe might
be a better way to go. Get it close, plane it down, then think about power
tools.

Or a handsaw.

In a case like this, power tools are not going to speed things up much, if any,
because of the need for special precautions. Even with those special
precautions, problems can occur. Lacking a bandsaw, I'd go with a froe or a
handsaw.

Charlie Self
"Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories -
those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell
Baker