Jim Rojas

Default How Do I Add More RAM?

Do you have any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Jim Rojas

"Ryan Wheeler" wrote in message
news
Jim Rojas wrote:

I have a special programmer used for security systems. The problem
with it is that it based on 1980's RAM technology. Does anyone know
if it is possible to modify the unit to accept modern memory sticks?

The base unit only holds 512K, which I believe is a memory chip. The
expansion port that gives you another 512K using Epson MIXMOS RAM
Card. I would like to utilize either port for a memory stick, thus
eliminating problems storing client information.

A simple 16MB memory stick would be like putting a dragster engine in
a VW Bug...

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Jim Rojas

1980's ? the memory will be static ram (SRAM). (my guess)
16meg memorys will most likely not work.