Andy Asberry

Default Bicycle Powered Sump Pump?

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:14:13 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

Is there a bicycle powered water pump available? A simple way to keep
the basement dry when the power goes off, if so.

I can't find any. It ought to be simple though.

A regular bike rider can easily put out 250w for hours, which ought
to keep ahead of a flood with lots of room for breaks.

Easily? During the Tour de France, a commentator remarked that Lance
Armstrong could produce 400 watts. He didn't say for how long, but it
left me with the impression that 400 was very impressive. Keep in mind
I don't even own a bicycle.

As a side note; Armstrong made me proud to be an American. Not just
for his cycling skill but his self control. The first time one of
those oh-so-civil Frenchies spit on me, I would have had to stop and
punch some manners into him.