Default Cooker wiring

Lee Blaver wrote:
Terry wrote:
Lee Blaver wrote:

Check out the instructions for the cooker, you may find that it has
interlocks to prevent you from using all the features simultaneously.

Lee

Ee by goom! Just a mo? That don't sound right, some how?
What's the point of buying all the bells and whistles if you
can't use them.
We've often had four boilers on the hobs on top, and stuff in the
oven; for several hours at a time.

Some friends bought an all-electric range type cooker, with 5 "rings", a
warming area, two ovens and a separate double grill. The way the
controls are designed won't allow for all the items to be on at once.

The 5th ring won't operate if all the other 4 are on, and the "grill"
can't be selected if both ovens are on.

This is a "domestic" model rather than a commercial one though, which is
probably why.
They have a large kitchen and admitted that they only bought it for the
looks anyway, neither of them actually "cook" :-)

Anyone who actually cooks wouldn't buy a 'range cooker' anyway, none
of the ones we looked at (or asked about) were really particularly
good cookers. We bought 'separates' because it allowed us to get
nearer to what we wanted at a rather lower price, though cost wasn't a
particularly important factor.

--
Chris Green )