Bob Engelhardt

Default can't pass up usefull trash

Terry Collins wrote: ...
Basically I don't have the space. Of course, if I had half a dozen, big
old sheds, that is a different matter. ...

Eh - then the question is how long would it take for those sheds to fill
up and you be saying "Now, if I just had 6 more sheds ...". :-)

Running out of space and having a compulsion for organization has forced
me into restricting my hoarding. I have a couple of rules that help:

- I don't save anything that I can obtain easily and cheaply. E.g., bed
frames - they're useful, but they're always available at the dump.

- the saving of commodity items has a space limit. When it's full I
don't collect anymore. Or I throw out less useful ones to make space
for more useful ones. E.g., I have a milk crate for electrical junction
boxes.

- I don't save mechanisms. I often find cool ones and used to collect
them, but I never used them. E.g., hospital bed elevation mechanisms.
Really cool, "Boy, those will good for something!". Not! When I'm
making things I find that I almost always fabricate everything.

Still, it's a major problem. Just ask my wife. NO, please don't!

Bob