Terry Collins

Default can't pass up usefull trash

Bill Janssen wrote:

....snip...

The problem with the "10 year rule" is that some of the stuff I keep
starts to get valuable again
after about 10 years

The problem then is which pieces? Whilst I have made one really good
sale of old stuff, I just treat that as an abberation.

Basically I don't have the space. Of course, if I had half a dozen, big
old sheds, that is a different matter.

What tipped my hand was spending 30 minutes moving stuff in my garage to
get a tool that I used for 5 minutes, then another 30 minutes putting
everything back in its place. the clean out started with a lot of
dressed timber becoming fire kindling. Then a lot of old "I can make
this with that" was stripped to nuts, bolts, screws, springs, motors,
etc. It really hurt to throw out all the bits of metal suitable for
casting, but I could not find anyone interested in it.

I now have a bit of space and a workshop (if I can just stop putting
stuff on the empty bit of workbench {:-).

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au