Dave Plowman

Default 'conventional' boiler. Basic timeswitch on h/w, wireless digistat on heating.

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
If your house normally drops from say 20C in the morning to 10C by the
evening, I'd say you desperately need the insulation sorted.

Nah, it doesn't. In fact, despite lack of wall insulation, it doesn't
drop that much during the day. However, during the night, it could well
go below 10C. Wall insulation isn't practical. It has solid walls and
original features that would get seriously disturbed. However, as it is
a terraced house, the overall heat loss really isn't that bad in
practical terms.

Much the same as mine, then. But I'm not intererested too much in the
nighttime temp as I'm in bed. ;-) Obviously, if it can't come up to
temperature after the switch on time and I get up, then that's when I'd
leave it on all night - controlled to the nighttime temp of the stat. But
it's not many times a year.

--
*I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn