MC

Default Laser levels

I bought a laser level from home depot about four years ago ?

Anyway, setup one of those above group 25' pools. Used the square paver
stones as a base for each post section installed set on very stable dug not
filled dirt. I used a few of the pavers stacked as a platform for the laser
level as I did not have a tripos at the time. Took a very acurate regular
level, checked the pavers for level from corner to corner. Then moving the
laser level horizontally took a ruler an measured each of the base pavers
for hight took the lowest one and dug out to level all other to this hight,
used a regular level to level each from corner to corner. Also setup this
same jig from opposite direction just to make sure all is same hieght.

The results when finished the pool, I was expecting to still be off maybe at
best 1/8 of and inch.

Wehen we were filling the pool we used a water source that had a high rate
of flow (two inch line from a deep well used for irrigateion at 75 gal/min
rate.

We ended up not realizing how quick the pool would fill, was not apying
attention and over filled to the rim!

When we shut off the water we noticed that the eater was beading perfectly
around the entire diameter of the pool at the rim. I was amased at how level
from one side to the other it was and that also must mean very good
tolorences in the materials used in the pool.

At first thought would be overkill to use the laser level, was going to use
the old string level method but wanted to play with the toy. I glad I did
and I do not call it a toy anymore, Use it all the time now!

"Murray Peterson" wrote in message
(Amuzed2death) wrote in
om:

Here's a cool water level that gives you a bit of sophistication.
Maybe not laser sophistication, but easier to use and a whole lot more
accurate.

http://www.zircon.com/SellPages/Leve...WL25/WL25.html

Nice for working alone -- I might buy one of those.

Unless you use them on a daily basis, you don't need the fancy featured
laser levels. High accuracy, auto levelling and rotating laser levels are
very nice (and expensive), but the only time it's worthwhile is if you are
a contractor and time = money. Joe Homeowner can get the same accuracy
with a water level and a cheap laser level -- they just take a few more
minutes to set up.