ChrisD

Default Questions Architects

Hi,

I need to employ an architect to draw up plans for conversion of a
four storey house into three or four flats.

My partner in this venture is a an experienced builder and we are
hoping to find someone who will do the plans, then leave us to get on
with it, thereby hopefully avoiding paying upto 10% of the build cost
to an architect which I understand is the going rate.
Is this type of service available and if so what are the cost savings,
if any?

Alternatively would we be very unwise not to have an architect holding
our hand every step of the way?

Your thought's, feeling's and experiences would be very appreciated.

P.S We are based in North Kent, perhaps someone can recommend a good
architect.

Chris