Hugo Nebula

Default Survey

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:22:10 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named
(Russ) randomly hit the keyboard
and produced:

"Strengthening is/may be required to the roof structure and you
should arrange for installation of additional support"

Is this ususal?!

The clue is in "may", which means it's a possibility but no more than
that. The surveyor has to cover himself against being sued for
virtually every eventuality.

The same thing (almost word for word) was in a survey of a house I was
selling. I was able to prove by calculation that the existing purlins
were adequate for the additional load without any strengthening.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants