raden

Default Clearing blocked toilet with caustic soda

In message , SpamTrapSeeSig
writes
I decided to use caustic soda on the lavatory bowl the other day. I've
done this before, but I was in a rush. Instead of pre-mixing it in a
bucket and pouring it in, I just sprinkled "a few" crystals into the
bowl. The phone went and I went to answer it, without stirring the
mixture.

It wasn't a few. The heat of solution (energy released when the
crystals dissolved) caused the mixture to become very hot, at the
bottom of the pan, where the crystals were.

Boiling caustic soda - luvverly, I've done it a few times

how does it go ?

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning" or something

--
geoff