Geoff Rousell

Default Tiling.. wall and floor joint

"stuart noble" wrote in
:

Arthur wrote in message ...
My personal view is that 6" torus skirting looks out of place in a

bathroom.
Skirting in a bathroom doesn't look right because it isn't very
practical. Tiles equals condensation and moisture running down the
wall will go straight behind the skirting etc etc.
MDF skirting would be a better bet. The last lot I used was made from
the waterproof variety so it's cheaper, comes primed, and is uniform
and stable.

One alternative might be to use flat soffit board (if you want it to be
white, although some suppliers make it in a range of colours), such as
this:

http://www.fascias.co.uk/en-gb/dept_155.html

I've used it in a kitchen utility room, the big benefit being that it
didn't take up and extra 2 inches width of what was already a small room!

Geoff