Gunner

Default OT- John Kerry Co Sponsors Gun Ban S1431

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 05:25:50 GMT, Adam Smith wrote:

rights.

Having just re-read this proposed ban, and seeing the types of weaponry
listed, I think I have a good understanding of what my real concern is
with these weapons, and I'd like your view on it. My real concern is not
with the law-abiding owners of these weapons, but with the relative ease
with which they seem to find their way into illegal ownership and
ultimately to crime scenes. Have a look at the chart on this page for
example:

http://www.jointogether.org/gv/news/...570665,00.html

Ill give you a heads up Adam...anything with Violence Policy Center
mentioned is based on fraud, spin and outright lies. They are the most
rabid of the antigun fanatics. Did you notice the use of the word
"crime scene"? Not homicides, not murders. If you dumped the ashtray
out of your car..its a Crime Scene. Notice the nifty way they push
their propaganda? The Colombine Twins also used a shotgun (most of
their victims were killed by a duck hunting shotgun) and they had
accumulated a large quantity of propane tanks they had planned on
exploding, which if sucessful, would have cause horrendous casualties.
See any mention of either the legal and more lethal shotgun or the
legal propane tanks?

Law enforcement officers in particular seem quite vocal about "renewing
and strengthening" the production ban on these weapons as a means to
making their jobs (and the the US as a whole) safer. What I'm asking is
this: is there another solution that preserves the rights of the militia
and the 2nd amendment, but that can also reverse the recent trend of
increasing numbers of violent crimes (including Columbine and DC sniper
style mass murders) involving assault weapons?

-Adam

Another heads up..the majority of rank and file LEOs are NOT in favor
of gun control. Period. Each and every time you find mention of any
that are..you will notice that they are police chiefs and
administrators. Political animals whos livelyhood depends on
supporting the Cause of the moment. I should mention that I myself am
an ex police officer.

Further..Two..(2) crimes in 10 yrs involving assault weapons (as the
antis define them) does not make a rising crime wave. In fact, Ill bet
you that either of us can do a google search and find other devises
that are far more often used for mass murder. Automobiles driven
intentionally into crowds, plastic bags and garrots and knives in the
hands of serial killers as another example.

You do know who the Center for Disease Control is, correct? For years
they have been on the anti gun bandwagon as they have been sponsors of
the Violence Policy Center, etc etc..up til late last year....

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/a/032559.htm

feel free to look at this further in greater depth. Google is your
friend.

"October 06, 2003
CDC Report Questions Effectiveness of Gun Laws
A massive new federally-funded study of national gun controls laws --
including gun-buyer background checks and waiting periods -- conducted
by the CDC, found no proof that such laws reduce firearm-related
violence. In the report, titled "Evaluating the Effectiveness of
Strategies for Preventing Violence: Firearms Laws," researchers from
the Centers for Disease Control do not state flatly that gun control
laws are failing, merely that more study is needed. The CDC, however
stated it would not be conducting additional research."

There were 55 seperate studies that were used to form the report.

Now take a look at the home page of the Violence Policy Centers
webpage
http://www.vpc.org/

Can you spot the 15 outright lies I spotted on the first page alone?

Go to the Sks link for an example. By definition, even of the anti
gun fanatics..the SKS is not an assault rifle. The rifle pictured in
the ad show, is not a true SKS (which has a fixed magazine and holds
10 rounds) and importation of that particular rifle was banned in
1989. But they use that illistration to lead the reader into thinking
every SKS is identical. I can go on in greater detail if you so
desire..but Ill ask you this...
If their cause and agenda is so rightious..why do they lie so many
times on their website? If there was such a horrendous issue..why not
simply let the facts speak for themselves?

Chuckle..I should further point out that the cartridge fired in the
SKS, is about half as powerful as the average deer rifle cartridge and
is equivelent to that of the 3030 lever action rifle found in the rear
windows of half the pickup trucks in the US. A further note..virtually
every normal hunting round from a rifle will punch a hole through both
sides of a bullet resistant vest such as the police wear, ( and the
wearer inside)..so any "Evil Cop Killer Bullet" is the same ones used
to hunt game animals in the US.

Sigh..their agenda is quite clear. Ban any bullet that will punch a
vest..and nearly all sporting and hunting rifles suddenly go dry. No
hunting, no sport shooting, nada.
Chuckle..a 90 yr old pistol shooting the .30 Mauser cartridge will
punch most vests as well. And its a clunky old antique.
Hell..a good hunting arrow will blow right though most vests. Shrug

The agenda of the antis is quite clear, as is their 'any means
justifies the end" tactics.

Those folks are either very twisted, or very evil. Ill leave it up to
you to make your own decision as to which.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann