Gunner

Default Political Campaign Funding

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:51:17 GMT, "NoOne N Particular"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 2 Aug 2004 18:34:04 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

snippage

Got a heads up for you Jim. Politics is cyclical. It goes from Left
to Right and back again at a slow pendulum like beat. Its been 30 yrs
since it swung Left. Its now swinging Right.

I have a minor disagreement here, Gunner. I don't think it is the pendulum
swinging, it is the parties. If one of the Patron Saints of the Democrat
party, John Kennedy, was alive today and maintained the same political
points of view that he had back in the early 60's, HE would be the right
wing extremist. So the pendulum isn't swinging, it is only how the pendulum
is viewed. The Republican party of today is even more left than the
Democrat party of 40 years ago. That really worries me.

Wayne

There is indeed some truth to this. Who was it..Goldwater that said :

"I didnt leave the Democrat party, it left me."

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by
the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked
out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman
Liebmann