Curly Sue

Default Electric Mower? Any thoughts?

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:05:15 GMT, "R. Guzman"
wrote:

I just had my gas mower die on me. I'm reducing my landscape down to 20' x
20' due to my backyard being paved.
All I left with is a small lawn area in front of the house and a side strip.

Made me wonder, if my new mover might not need to so powerful or gas
operated at that.

Anyone may the switch for Gas to Electric mower and if so, do you recommend?

Anything for me to look for in a new Electric Mower?

I first bought a gas mower at Home Despot. Took the box out of the
car with great difficulty (heavy!), found the manual, read about gas,
preparing the mower for winter storage, etc. etc. etc., put right back
in the box and took the darn thing back. I wanted to buy a reel mower
(would that work for you) but none were available at that time, so I
got the smallest electric I could find (Black and Decker 18"
mulching).

I see now they have the electrics with handles that flip so you can
change directions easily; that adds maneuverability in small spaces.
I wish I had it. Mine did not come with a bag to catch clippings, it
was extra. It mulches really well. I see my neighbors leaving big
clumps of grass on their lawn after they mow but that never happens
with mine no matter how long the grass gets. The only way I can tell
it's leaving anything is when I go onto the sidewalk to turn, and see
green "dust" blowing out from underneath. Also my string trimmer
gets great green gobs of grassy gook caked under it but the mower is
always clean as a whistle for some reason.

Remember, with an extension cord, start close to the outlet and work
your way out so the cord extends as you go back and forth. That way
you won't have to worry about the cord getting in the way.

Oh, yeah, don't mow when the grass is wet ;

Sue(tm)