Bill

Default Plumbing question

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 15:16:22 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

I needed a couple of plumbing repairs done so while the plumber was here I
mentioned that I was considering replacing all my shutoffs with the new
quarter turn ball valves. He told me that it would be a waste because he
has seen them leaking too and needing to be replaced. According to him, at
least with the old turn offs they can be repaired. Is he right about the
new ones leaking? By the way my house is about 7 years old and checked all
the sink turns off (old fashioned type) today. Only one was bad out of 7
sinks.

All valves that are made by human beings have seals and packings in
them that deteriorate over time. The good news is that you can replace
the seals in most valves! If you will take the time...call several of
the plumbing supply houses in your town...you will find the one
warehouse distributor in your area that stocks virtually all repair
parts for most of the valves on the market.

The Home Depot and Lowes seem to stock alot of the stuff you need
around the home...check them out!

Bill