Ivor Clegg

Default Bullet trap for homebuilt basement firing range?

Tim Auton wrote:

Ivor Clegg wrote:
[snip]

Having just gotten the DVD box-set of Sledge Hammer Season 1, are you
sure it's not Sledge you're thinking of?
He does EXACTLY this in the first (pilot) episode- 'Under The Gun'.

Is that the episode where he, uh, "takes out" the sniper?

That's the one :-)

You can't
get the DVD box set in the UK though, so I'd need a region-free
player.

At 32.98 Canadian Dollars (less than 14 quid Sterling) for the box-set
from dvdsoon.com, you OWE it to yourself to get a region free player :-)
At that price (and with their free shipping!), is should get past H.M.
Customs and Excise without attracting too much attention either.

DVD players are getting ridiculously cheap too. Lidl for example (big
German supermarket chain that's spreading it's tentacles into Britain
and Ireland, for our buddies on the far side of the pond), were doing
one a few weeks ago for 29.99 Sterling that plays EVERYTHING, and could
care less about Region coding and Macrovision.
It's gone from their shops by now of course, but something similar will
no doubt be along shortly.

Here's the official Sledge Hammer site-
http://www.sledgehammeronline.com/

And one by a fan-
http://www.phrank.com/sh/

Some dialog-
Reporter: We're here at the scene of a liquor store robbery that was
thwarted by the man beside me, Inspector Sledge Hammer. Inspector
Hammer, tell us what happened.
Hammer: Well, Miss, I was in this store when two thugs entered and
threatened the owner with shotguns. At that time, I drew my Magnum and
killed them both. Then I bought some eggs, and some milk, and some of
those little cocktail weanies.
Reporter: Inspector Hammer, was what you did in that store absolutely
necessary?
Hammer: Oh, yes, I had no groceries at all.

Classic stuff :-)

Ivor.