Jim Stewart

Default Machinist hit with patent lawsuit

Old Nick wrote:

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:17:11 -0700, Jim Stewart
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

But who pays? Are you saying that somebody with no money can still get
a patent?

No, just that patents are provided for in the constitution. The
constitution also provides for post offices but that doesn't
mean that the mail is free.

Serious question. Also. Do they have the right to free /
state representation should they need to litigate regarding that
patent?

I'm not a lawyer, not even an internet lawyer. I
don't know.

I'm not aware of the constitutional situation regarding patents in Oz.
But I see Americans just as afraid of being ripped off as many other
places.

No argument there.

Nick,

One thing that I'd like to point out is that in the USA,
patents are a constitutional right. I don't know what the
situation is down under. As constitutionally established,
there's probably far less wiggle room for the courts to
muck with patents.

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.