Peter Ashby

Default Question about varnishing hard wood

In article 0,
Mike Ring wrote:

Can't say I'm convinced about Danish oil. I tried it on my kitchen window
sills (cills? internal widow boards? and it was very dark, althogh the
colour of the oil was light. I wanted it to pick up the colur of my light
oak floor.

The effect will depend on the wood. Danish oil does not appreciably
darken pine for eg. With all finishes it is advisable to test a portion
first for the desired effect.

I'm at present plucking up courage to use matt polyurethane

Yuck. If you want a matt finish why not wax it?

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.