Jay

Default Garage door removel / planning permission

I work from home and the rules as I understand them are that if the 'office'
is dual purpose, i.e. it has a domestic use as well as business then it is
OK. Once you have a space in which the sole use is business then you get
clobbered with business rates and planning issues. My IT business runs from
my home without any hassle - where as my friends pottery/carpentry gets
clobbered.

as my old dad always said 'nothing is fair in this world'

Jay

"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
"IMM" wrote in message

What is all this the government is on about then, about working

from
home,
etc, etc. I can understand if the man was holding large stocks or

having
6
cars permanently parked outside.

It's usually called hypocrisy.

More the right hand doesn't know what the left had is doing.

Westminster
promote home working and the LAs revert to pettiness, sticking to laws
passed before Westminster dictated. You would probably find that the

LA
is
wrong, not conforming to Westminster's dictates.

You'll probably find that they're conforming to what Westminster

actually
writes down, rather than what it says.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

I think that you'll find that you cannot (generally) run a business from
your home (without planning permission from the LA, ie plumber, builder,
anything self-employed), but that there are no restrictions to "working

from
home" WRT being employed by someone else and doing their work for them

(ie.
office work, book-keeping, sewing garments etc.etc).

---