John

Default Newbie Craftsman table saw question

You should see the POS that comes with a almost $3k MiniMax 24in
bandsaw!! If it cost them $5 I would be very surprised

Otherwise, I love the saw and am VERY happy that I got the mitre gauge
FREE instead of buying it for extra and finding out how crappy it was.

Have the mitre gauge off my UniSaw on the band saw (and rarely use it)
and have the Duginski miter gauge on the CS

John

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:19:35 GMT, patriarch
wrote:

(David Hall) wrote in
. com:

snip
The other thing
that struck me was how absolutely crappy the miter guage was. Cranked
down as hard as I could on the knobs that holds the angle in place and
could very easily move the face. You would think on a $900 saw they
could include something more than a $10 miter guage.

Dave Hall

The miter gauge that came with the 3hp Unisaw isn't any great shakes,
either. These days, mine mostly hides under the workbench, in shame.

The folks at Incra, or Kreg, or any one of a number of other specialty
manufacturers offer excellent upgrade options. So do shopmade sleds.

As someone said about hand planes recently, most of these tools are really
sort of kits - starting points from which to customize tools which do
exactly what you, the craftsperson, really want them to do. Which is part
of the charm of the craft.

Patriarch