Charlie Self

Default anyone seen any plans for ambient air filters

Richard Clements asks:

the concept looks easy enough, my thought was take a couple of high
filtration furious filters like 3m's filtrete, stack them 3-4 deep put a
squirrel cage fan to pull are though and mount this on my garage ceiling,
the one big problem is the filters are a little bigger then I would like
16x20x1, anybody have a better Idea?

Richard

Furnace filters sorry, spell check got me again

Regular furnace filters on 20x20 fan boxes work pretty well. One on each side
is best. I tape them on, others get fancier. The incoming side nasties up
fastest. Peel, toss and put the next 99 cent special in place. After a couple
years, the fan motor gives out. Spend 14 bucks for another one.

I've seen regular furnace filters as small as 12" x something or other. That
should work on your squirrel cage blower.

Charlie Self
"Give me golf clubs, fresh air and a beautiful partner, and you can keep the
clubs and the fresh air." Jack Benny