Default Butcherblock Countertop Construction

On 3 Aug 2004 06:50:26 -0700, (Dwight)
wrote:

I'm planning on replacing the counter tops in my home with maple
butcherblock tops that I want to build myself.

I'm still doing research to see what info is available. Any
suggestions on sites offering info about construction techniques or
hints would be appreciated.

One thing I'm considering is using biscuit joints to help hold the
individual boards together when I glue it up. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

should work fine. it'll complicate the layup and slow you down- that's
a lot of biscuits- and it's not really necessary, but if it makes ya
happy, go fer it.

you'll still have to surface it when you're done.