Pat Barber

Default Brad or finish nailer

No brad nail or finish nails for flooring...

Use the correct tool and nails...

http://www.porta-nails.com/nailer/index.shtml

These can be rented at most rental centers and
you need the "face nailer" model.

Larry Guan wrote:

I know this question has been asked many times but my story is...
I need to install about 200 sf of the top-nailed (older style, not the
tong & groove type) red oak hardwood floor. We were thinking to use
just hammers to do that, but it took us 2 days to install 50 sf in the
kitchen, with nail head yet to be sunk. So we decide to get a nail gun
for the rest of the job. Now the wood strip is 2" wide and 5/16" thick
oak, should I use 18 gauge brad nailer with 1" nail? Or should I go
for a 16 gauge finish nailer with 1" nail?
Thanks in advance,