Bob G.

Default Newbie Craftsman table saw question

On 3 Aug 2004 03:53:33 -0700, (DonkeyHody)
wrote:

Personally, I would spring for the Bies fence, even if it meant buying
less saw. My Unisaw is nice, but what I really love about it is the
Bies fence.

DonkeyHody

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Boy do I agree....

The Fence actually makes the saw in my opinion... NOT that
the Bies will help out on a really bad saw...BUT I really think the
Bies can make a good saw into a great ( or at least a damn good)
saw...

I ordered my saw with a Bies 15 or more years ago and I honestly can
say that with almost daily usage it is still dead on accurate and rock
solid ...I have no clue when I had to adjust it last...been years

That said... I stopped comparing fences the morning I ordered my saw
and Fence Combo BUT over the years the Bies has had many clones
some of which may be just as rock solid ..

Bob Griffiths