Default Drilling through mains cable!

Chris

Are you suggesting that buried junction boxes and notched loits are
routinely checked before fitting new consumer units?

I poked at it twice because in my panic to restore power the first time I
did not make a note of which MCB had tripped. I used thick rubber gloves and
an insulated elecrticians screw driver. I also knew the RCD would cut in
again - not a great idea I admit but I was happy with the precautions.

Regards

"Chris Oates" none wrote in message

"N" wrote in message

Not sure about the screw terminals as an electrician did it not me.

thermal cycling can loosen screws

The wiring for the house was done in the early 70's would cut joists

have
been OK then?

as mentioned - only if plated over

The wiring was tested

the wiring wasn't tested !

the circuits might have been tested for loop impedance
and insulation values but the wiring was certainly not
'tested' - i.e. search for buried junction boxes and
notched loits.

when the new consumer unit with RCD and MCB's was
fitted 3 years ago and found to be sound.

sound - only in the vaguest terms probably

- until I trashed it yesterday!

I can't believe you poked at it twice