tarquinlinbin

Default Fridge - replacement thermostat needed ..?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:16:32 +0100, Adrian Brentnall
wrote:

HI all

(never mind the garage roof - see earlier posting & many thanks to
those who answered with suggestions - we've got a more urgent
problem...!)

Our fridge (Electra Eco larder fridge) has just started running
continously - even when the thermostat is set to '0' the compressor
still runs.

Temperature overnight inside the fridge dropped to -4 or so!

Does this sound like the 'stat ? I know they often fail open-curcuit -
but this one sounds as if it's failed 'short'

Is replacing the 'stat a fairly simple DIY job - I'm happy around
electrics / electronics - just never had the need to take a fridge
apart before !

I see that CPC do a 'universal' 'stat....... - anybody done this
repair, comments / suggestions etc ?

Thanks
Adrian
Suffolk UK

Yes it almost certainly is the stat and yes they do fail to the always
on position.. They are fairly easy to replace

joe

Change the 900 to 670 in the return email address to reply