Adrian Brentnall

Default Fridge - replacement thermostat needed ..?

HI all

(never mind the garage roof - see earlier posting & many thanks to
those who answered with suggestions - we've got a more urgent
problem...!)

Our fridge (Electra Eco larder fridge) has just started running
continously - even when the thermostat is set to '0' the compressor
still runs.

Temperature overnight inside the fridge dropped to -4 or so!

Does this sound like the 'stat ? I know they often fail open-curcuit -
but this one sounds as if it's failed 'short'

Is replacing the 'stat a fairly simple DIY job - I'm happy around
electrics / electronics - just never had the need to take a fridge
apart before !

I see that CPC do a 'universal' 'stat....... - anybody done this
repair, comments / suggestions etc ?

Thanks
Adrian
Suffolk UK