J. Clarke

Default The Ultimate Earmuffs

NoOne N Particular wrote:

Develope it, Patent it. Market it. Retire yourself.

Wayne

P.S. Don't forget to tie it into your home entertainment center so you
can change channels on the Plasma TV over in the corner of the shop, or
play a
CD, or tape Nahmie. Oh. and tie it into your cars computer system to you
can get diagnostics and maybe even have the car start itself and turn on
the
a/c on hot days. Oh oh, And tie it into your automated house controls so
you can have the lights on when you come in and the temp all nice and
comfy,
etc. Oh oh oh. . . and tie it into your wife so you can. . .uh . . .Maybe
you better leave this one out. :-)

Just use it to control the stasis box where you keep her when you're not
using her.

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
I would like to have a pair of earmuffs that do all of the following
functions:
1. Reduce excessive noise to a safe level.
2. Allow normal conversation and sounds to be heard.
3. Tie into the phone system. This would require a microphone to be
included. When the phone rang you'd hear it in the headphones, and
via a voice recognition command you could answer it and speak - all
handsfree. Employees, vendors, emergency service providers - they'd
all be a word away.
4. Tie into my computer system so that I could digitally record memos,
notes, emails etc... Again this would be accomplished via VR. Since
my pc is my stereo these days, I'd control the shop music via voice
command as well. This way I could swap out the foxtrot music for some
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot when the geezers leave the building. All without
stepping out from behind the bench.
5. Since I envision DreamShop 1.x to have a computerized power
management system, I might as well have remote control over the
lights, air conditioning and security system - and maybe even tools
themselves. "Griggio, ON!" would give me great satisfaction. (Safer
yet, "Griggio, [passsword], ON!"
6. Clear and instant communication between employees would also be
excellent to have - why not throw in an intercom system. Our shop is
an acoustical disaster, so it's sometimes hard to understand people
even when the machinery isn't screaming.

The technology exists today. Maybe I'll see it at the IWF '04 in
Atlanta...

JP
"Beer me."

--