michael

Default OT- John Kerry Co Sponsors Gun Ban S1431

Adam Smith wrote:

Hint..Adam. The Second Amendment isnt about deer hunting. Its about
having military arms capable of removing a tyrannical government.
Need the cites?

I don't need the cites, I have read the amendment and I understand that
it pertains to organized militia. This is why I do not feel creating
laws prohibiting civilian ownership of assault weapons is inconsistent
with supporting the 2nd amendement, which is what your original comment
"Do you still intend to vote for John Kerry? After all he said he
supports the Second Amendment" implies.

You have misunderstood the text of the Second Amendment. Notice where it
says "...right of the People to keep and bear arms..."

What is the definition of an assault weapon? This week? Next month? In 2
years?

I know full well the 2nd amendment is not about deer hunting, that was
precisely my point. I think using the 2nd amendment as an argument in
favor of recreational gun ownership is rediculous. Entirely new laws are
needed to regulate civilian ownership of weaponry intended only for
combat.

There are lots and lots of these laws already.

Kerry's proposal is, as I interpret it, along these lines.

You may have misinterpreted this also.

michael

Btw..your right to free speech is being grossly abused, so shut the
**** up.

Are you saying that you believe that abuse of one civil right is
justification for the abuse of others? And what is with the "shut the
**** up" comment; are you trying to be clever? Hint..Gunner: Bill
O'Reilly is not a good role model if you want your side to be taken
seriously. As any learned debater will tell you, when your argument has
been reduced to namecalling and profanity, you've lost.

-Adam

Gunner

Do you own firearms?
Senator John Kerry is a co sponsor on S1431 along with Feinstein,
Ted Kennedy, and Charles Schumer . This Bill will outlaw ALL semi
auto shotguns, ALL semi auto center fire and rimfire rifles that
have detachable magazines like Remington 7600 and the Ruger
rimfire 10.22.

The Bill will also ban a lot of other firearms that have been
newly newly determined to be assault weapons. Of course Kerry and
his ilk will determine which guns fit their criteria.

Do you still intend to vote for John Kerry? After all he said he
supports the Second Amendment.

Here's the full text of HR 2038:

Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of
2003 (Introduced in Senate)

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke