gothika

Default There are lots of PDF Service Manuals available at...

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:25:07 -0400, "Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

"L." wrote in message
rio.net...
If it is a "copy right" infringement, then it's on them when they get

busted
for it! Who are we to judge them? If it is music from yesteryear and

they're
not claiming it as their own works, or trying to "avoid paying for it" as

on
CDs as has been recent legal issue, I'm not so sure that may be an issue.

Using someone else's music for advertising is DEFINITELY a copyright issue.

Not anymore so, than a Mall playing music.

Malls pay royalties. Ever heard of ASCAP? There are agencies for making
sure the musicians get paid. That is why recorded music so often comes
through an agency such as Muzak rather than the mall owners just playing CDs
on the PA system.

I don't mind graphics (tastefully done), but I don't want to sit there
for 15 minutes for it to load either. I will delete that site before that
page ever finished loading if it is extremely slow.

Agreed!

The person designing the web page to begin with, should understand how

much
that may slow down their page loading on the other end and try to keep it

a minimum. They should understand too, they're trying to "sell" something,
not bore or offend the surfer - especially with over kill.

Hear, hear! Some web pages seem to be designed by people who have forgotten
what the web page is *for*, and have just piled in special effects one after
another.

The eye will be drawn to movement. It is bothersome to have something
*moving* that is not supposed to be the center of attention.

Speaking of rights infringement, PHOTOS could be just that as
well. IF someone has a photo of me, I sure in hell don't want it published
without my permission.

Right! And unless it's bona fide news coverage, they can't legally publish
it. More of a problem is people stealing photographs from other people's
web sites. I'm also a photographer; none of my work has been stolen as far
as I know, but I've heard from others whose work has been stolen.

From one professional photographer to another, photo theft is rampant.
I've found some of my stock work on sites residing on servers in the
Baltics.
I sometime see some of my work on so called "Royalty Free" sites as
well.
They've always yanked it when my Lawyer give them a ring, but it's
seldom worth the cost of pursueing legally for recompense.