NoOne N Particular

Default Newbie Craftsman table saw question

"Dale Lorenzen" wrote in message
snippage

The lock down on the rear of the fence only seems to be there to keep the

fence from
lifting off the table top.

This is what I was talking about when I said that I had to adjust the
tension a little. With the Align-a-rip, the back stay is not just to keep
the back from coming up. it is used to pull the fence into the front guides
and lock the whole fence in place. I don't remember if the manual covered
the adjustments or not, but they were there and simple to make.

I think if you could snap off the back cover (if there is one on this fence)
you would probably see a nut that is threaded onto the end of a rod that
goes all the way to the front of the fence. That nut probably just needs to
be tightened a little to add a little more clamping force.

Wayne