Old Nick

Default Vertical Panel Saw

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:03:07 -0700, vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Actually that's not one of their lowend saws at all. It's middle of
the range. But as you say, it is the first one to offer 1/64th cutting
accuracy.

For a mere (probable) US$2500 or so (Aud$5500), you get 1/32, with max
cut 4' by 8'.

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:18:34 GMT, "Upscale"
wrote:

wrote in message

they range from slightly more accurate than a skilsaw in your hand to
capable of consistently holding a couple of thousandths. how much do
you want to spend?

Well, let's say that my next tablesaw purchase might be a General cabinet
saw with Biesemeyer fence approaching $3000 (Canadian funds). Figure a
little above $2000 US. Are panel saws available for that kind of money that
are capable of my 1/64" benchmark? Can you recommend any brands?

Thanks

here's one of the more reputable manufacturers' lowest end machine
that they guarantee 1/64" accuracy for.
http://www.panelsaw.com/products_saws_6400.htm
they don't give a price...

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.