ClearCut

Default Whole House Fan Preferred Brands/Models?

(Jedd Haas) wrote in message ...
hi,

I am interested in installing a whole-house fan. So far, I have found some
models by Tamarack and Nutone. Any comments on these brands? Other brands
that are better? I am looking for a decent quality unit. Also interested
in hearing any recommendations on thermostats or other controllers.

Due to space limitations, I will need to put in a 20" or 24" fan.

Thanks,

Jedd

I recently installed a Tamarack Technologies HV1000 and am quite
pleased. The unit is more expensive ($430 on line) than the Home Depot
and Lowes varieties, but it is much quieter. It is about as loud as a
box fan on low. Quiet enough to run while we are sleeping. The HV1000
is also insulated - powered doors with R22 insulation seals the unit
when it is off. Also I needed a vertical mount to fit in a knee wall.
I was told that the horizontal mount fans will quickly fail if
installed in a vertical position.

I installed the unit with the included switch but am considering
swapping that out for a timer to catch the coolest part of the early
morning.

Most importantly, my wife is pleased that I spent more for a better
unit - she hates the whole house fan in a friends house as much too
loud.

This fan qualifies for a $100 energy company rebate that I am
currently waiting for.