xrongor

Default Need the truth on exterior home painting

im just parroting what people have told me about oil. i dont touch the
stuff myself, too much of a pain to use... i think maybe my painter
friends use that lasts longer line to justify charging much more to apply
oil paint g

ive heard that poly latex is good in places where temperatures dont vary too
much because it will still crack, but again thats second hand info.. where
i live now surface temps of the paint will vary from well over 100F to well
under 0 (-30 i think was the low last year). from what ive seen, nothing
holds up all that well except stains. if i were starting fresh here i would
use oil stains on bare wood.

randy

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Xronger since the lead was taken out of oil and compared to latexs of
even 15 years ago there is no comparison . Latex lasts longer on wood.
Even 10 yrs ago you would not see a warranty offered with oil, but with
latex yes. Sherwin williams best has a lifetime warranty, it will look
like crap in 20, but bonds like glue, and actualy has a polyurethand
bonder in it. Latexes outperform on wood, they have expansion abilities
of wood that will ruin Oil paint