Banty

Default Need the truth on exterior home painting

In article , Joseph Meehan says...

... the prep, the ...the prep, the quality of paint, and did I
mention prep?

(did I mention prep was important?)

7b) It is good to prime the whole house regardless as to the condition
of the wood or existing paint.

Yes and yes. It depends on the condition of the surface. This is part
of the prep work. Did I say that prep work was important?

The *best* house paint job means the ugliest house. For the longest time.
Scraped and sanded and primed everywhere. Uuuggglliiee!

......that is, ofcourse, until the paint is actually applied. (Or perhaps
all-over primer first.) Which is the shortest part of a good paint job.

Banty