Mike Patterson

Default virtual lathe (Flash)

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 13:12:25 -0300, Shawn Wilson
wrote:

Hi,

I've been playing around with Flash, making a "virtual lathe". My main goal was
to play with Flash, not necessarily make a useful program, but I'm thinking it
might be helpful as a visualization aide. It's still a work in progress. I was
hoping to get some suggestions/feedback before completing it.

I'd noted some limitations thus far: save and load don't work yet (clicking them
freezes the program), cutting starts immediately without user intervention (I'll
add a tool later), you can't get a perfect 90 degree (or less) cut, you can't
cut any extra off the left or the right sides (all you can do is make it very
thin), printing design with a black background hurts the pocketbook

http://glassgiant.com/misc_virtual_lathe.swf

Use your cursor to work from the bottom of the rectangle. I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Shawn

Cool! I successfully made a Skinny stick and a Thick stick, just like
I do in my basement! :-)

Mike

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."