KF/AKA AH#49

Default Need the truth on exterior home painting

David Roberts wrote:

Hi,
I'm in need of some help judging the different stories I get from
several painters recently. I've been getting estimates to paint my
house exterior (wood clapboard). Please give me your take on the
following statements.

1a) You should caulk everywhere, including between the clapboard to
seal the house from moisture and prevent pests from getting inside. (
I do have a big ant problem and see them crawling between the boards).

HEH!
If you have a INSECT problem, no paint or coating will stop that!
ANYBODY that says different, is a ****ing moron!

You had best TERMINATE that rather LARGE DESTRUCTIVE _PROBLEM_ now!

Also, you have to REPLACE the infested wood that is holding up your "ant
farm!"