Ken Grunke

Default virtual lathe (Flash)

Shawn Wilson wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing around with Flash, making a "virtual lathe". My main goal was
to play with Flash, not necessarily make a useful program, but I'm thinking it
might be helpful as a visualization aide. It's still a work in progress. I was
hoping to get some suggestions/feedback before completing it.

This has some good potential--I didn't know you could do such a thing
with Flash. I've played around with it on a basic level so I know it
would take a lot of time to create something like this.

The problem I had was if I took a bigger bite than I wanted (mouse
slipped) I couldn't undo my slip. Is an undo button possible?

It would really be neat if one could start with a straight line with
maybe 60 control points, and manipulate any point either in or out into
a bezier curve.

Here's what I made with your virtual lathe:
http://www.ken.crwoodturner.com/images/vase.gif

Ken Grunke
SW Wisconsin
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/
Member, Coulee Region Woodturners AAW chapter
http://www.crwoodturner.com/