Art

Default RCA P56927 Chassis PTK195M1P Flyback 239111 related parts

Have encountered very poor quality replacement generic LOPT for RCA,
probably wait for original component & replace the other items supplied with
the new LOPT. Impatience among customers tend to cause us to consider
cheaper, quicker ways out. Thus producing a customer that may have other
failures and cause you callbacks. Other thing I would check on the 195
chassis are the high voltage blocks, seen too many of them flop out and
cause the unit to shut down. IMHO when changing the LOPT I normally change
the block.
"Leonard G. Caillouet" wrote in message
. ..
IIRC this FBT comes from RCA with a new resistor (R14704) and capacitor
(C14710) with notes that they must be replaced or there may be reliability
problems with the transformer. Is this one of the sets that required

this?
I can't find the SB in my records. Are the replacements the same values

or
changed?

I had a customer with one of these on order, and as those of you who

service
RCA likely know, there are none to be had and the backorder will go at

least
well into August. The customer had a buddy in another city in the repari
business who said he could get it through Sears, which he did. The
replacement came and it was an obvious generic (for which he paid $60) and
had no related parts. I made clear that I would not warranty the repair

but
he wanted me to install it anyway. We found that C14710 was off value by
about 20% (low) and replaced it with the original value. The transformer
runs rather hot and the focus controls have to be set near one limit to

get
good focus. I suspect this is simply a lousy replacement, which is why I
rarely use replacement flybacks, but want to make sure that the values on
the two parts mentioned don't need to be changed.

Thanks,

Leonard