Dave Plowman

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Since its specific fuel consumption is terrible for the power output,

who
cares what the nominal capacity is? Apart from the likes of you, of
course.

This is balls. Look at the power and the fuel consumption and compare.
The Mazda is at least as good in fuel consumption.

Since you love to quote figures, here's some for you. The Mazda RX-8 is a
four door coupe, so I'll compare it to the BMW 'standard' 3 Series 4 door
saloon - a larger heavier car in every way. Lets take the 323i as being
the closest in performance.

Top speed 0-60 0-100 30-70 Test MPG Touring route MPG
RX-8 142 7.1 18.1 6.8 12 27
323i 141 7.6 19.8 7.1 23 31

So drive a sports car like the RX-8 in a spirited fashion and it does
about half the MPG of a heavier saloon car with an engine near twice its
nominal capacity, but broadly similar performance. Drive it gently over a
mixed town and suburban main road route where its light weight should
really benefit, and it still does badly.

--
*Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn