Jay Pique

Default Shop Fox spiral heads

On 2 Aug 2004 03:46:23 -0700, (WillaimC) wrote:

I have a SF 20 inch planer with blades and it is an excellent machine
but I also have a friend who paid the extra thousand dollar for one
with the spiral cutter head. No comparison in finish, boards from his
are almost ready to use and require only light finish sanding.

This is the one with the many little carbide square chips, right?
What's blade changing like? I'm guessing simple, but time consuming
in that there are so many of them.

Anyone used the spiral cutterhead that has blades the full width? I
think it's from Powermatic.

JP