WillaimC

Default Shop Fox spiral heads

I have a SF 20 inch planer with blades and it is an excellent machine
but I also have a friend who paid the extra thousand dollar for one
with the spiral cutter head. No comparison in finish, boards from his
are almost ready to use and require only light finish sanding.

SF is Grizzly but a considerably upscale Grizzly. Fit, finish, and
set up are much better. Between my friend and I we have two shapers,
two 20 inch planers, and two 8" inch jointers with conventional blades
and aside from one of the two jointers fence not being perfectly
square to the table they've been ready to go out of the box.

The motor on my planer friend after about twenty minutes use but a
call to SF had a new 90lb. motor at my door in three days. No problems
since.

I think SF is one of the best values on the market and if you've hate
sanding and have an extra thousand dollars you'll love the spiral
cutterhead.