Franz Heymann

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

Martin Brown wrote:

Solar power works reasonably at latitudes below about 45 degrees, but it
is quite frankly a complete non-starter at latitudes 55N and above.
Unless you count biomass conversion in forests for indirect fuel
generation.

Agreed. Horses for courses.

However tide power is not impossible either. Not an easy one tho.

If only we could get fusion power working...

Fusion power is going to turn out to be a great deal filthier than fission
power.

Fission power is the cleanest and least polluting energy source ever
produced on earth.

The number of deaths per kilowatt hour which occur in the extraction and
processing of fossil fuels is a lot higher than the corresponding number
for the extraction of uranium

The pollution of the atmosphere by fossil fuel stations is vastly worse than
the pollution caused by nuclear power stations.

The radioactive contamination by a nuclear station is negligible, despite
the protestations of the anti-nuclear lobby. And even that contamination is
largely caused by irresponsible practices.

Franz