Squirrel Girl

Default Why buy a house?

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 09:35:27 -0400ate, Don K witnessed to the world:
^"JazzMan" wrote in message ...
^ So, as good an investment a house looks like on paper, here
^ in the real world it cannot work for many people because the
^ entry price is just too high.
^
^Well to buy a house you do need to save up enough of
^a down-payment that will enable you to finance the rest
^from your income. Maybe that means living with your parents
^for 10 more years before out moving into your own. Or maybe
^it means sharing a place with roommates while you build up
^some cash or getting additional training to get a better job.
^
^As always, you will find that people with more cash and more
^income have more options.
^
^Don
^
^
^
I've lived in my current house for 18 yrs and all sortsa lil things are
going wrong. I'm ready to unload it and get a doublewide. Yeah, I know
they don't increase in value, but they beat living in a crummy
apartment.
--
Squirrel Girl

Squirreling it away for a rainy day!