Robert Morein

Default Attic mold

In article ,
(Joe) wrote:

We are looking to purchase an older house. During inspection mold was
found in the attic. Inspector suggested that there was either a leak
in the roof or that the formation of ice was causing condensation in
the winter.

Seller had a roofer out who said the roof was fine and that there was
ice formation in the winter causing the condensation.

My question, does this mean that ventilation is the problem?

What is the best way to fix this problem?

What is the easiest way to fix this problem?

Thoughts?

The best way is to require the existing owners to fix the problem before
purchase. You don't want to be buying a fixer-upper, do you?