Stuart

Default 5 Amp Fuses

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:59:25 -0000, "BillR"
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:09:40 +0000, Stuart
wrote:

Can anyone explain why 5 amp cartridge fuses used in Consumer Units
are so expensive compared to 5 Amp fuses used in plugs. Apart from
the size I cannot see what difference there can be in them . The two
I bought today locally ( Glasgow ) were 55p (each) but I have seen
them much more expensive than that .
Stuart

1) For the same reason that a dog licks its private parts

2) Volume
.andy

Never had to buy one in 22years of owning such a CU .... but within a week
of changing it to a MCB type, one of the 6A lighting mcbs tripped when a
halogen mains bulb blew. I just wonder what fault current the fuses actually
would need to blow...

Funnily enough that wahy I had to buy one -when one of the halogen bulbs
in the kitchen blew and the cartridge fuse went
Stuart

--

"YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift

That is why it is called the present "