doubter

Default Location x 3 :was: Why buy a house?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:49:23 +0000 (UTC), (D.
Gerasimatos) wrote:

You can buy lots in the California desert for that price. Anyway, what
I am boggling at is how cheap the new houses are. Even if I have the
lot paid for free and clear I could not have a house built for $100K.
To have the lot and profit included in that is incredible. A coworker
just added a bedroom and bathroom to his house (maybe 200 square feet)
and that cost $100K. That was with builder-grade fixtures and didn't even
include finished details like molding on the windows and door frames.

There is something missing from this story because $500 a square foot for an
unfinished space is *extremely* high even for California.