Default Location x 3 :was: Why buy a house?

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:48:29 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

In outlying suburbs of Atlanta, GA, new homes (3 Br, 2 Ba, W/2 car
garage) start at $95,000 - $105,000.

Dimitri

Before everybody starts flaming - Dim, I agree with you that the
person talking about the $95k houses is talking about new. I think
the person who is attacking thinks you are talking about the person
who posted about the $35k houses (not new).

One Q is, what are the sizes and amenities in those $95k homes? A
starter 3-BR could be 1200 s.f. With all low end features, and built
buy non-union labor in a low wage area, a house could indeed be built
for less than that. And of course you know that the big difference is
the land value.

I would like to know what a building lot goes for in each of the areas
mentioned!

-v.