Default Why buy a house?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:25:01 GMT, someone wrote:

perpetually leasing a car means car payments forever, and thats not frugal.

But not everyone is trying to be frugal!

Personally, I have been BUYING my cars for the last 20 years or so.
However, I buy new cars. I seldom keep one for more than 100k miles
or 4-5 years. That's not "frugal" nor do I mean it to be.

If somebody wants to have a new car every three or four years, what's
wrong with them choosing to do so? And if YOU want to save money by
not having one, that's fine too, but don't go acting all holy and
superior about it. Unless you do charitable works with the money you
save, you are still spending it on yourself so what's to be holy
about.

-v.